Our perception of climate change...
We already see climate change impacts today. Summer temperatures are getting higher and higher. Droughts are now commonplace and more intense than before. Winters are no longer cold and the snow has disappeared.
The news is not very reassuring and we often feel pessimistic when we see the future of mankind on Earth. We continue to globally destroy our ecosystems and pollute, while we are heading straight for the wall. So for us the important thing is to quickly change our habits to contain climate change, and especially to really prepare for it by adapting.
This is crucial.
Our personal action towards a greener world...
For several years now, climate change has been a growing concern for us. We have started to change our habits in order to live in a more sustainable way. We have had to rethink each practice, and find out more information to better understand the impacts of our choices.
- Reducing waste;
- Reduction of meat consumption;
- Reduction of flights;
- Maximum local and seasonal consumption, etc.
Mainly, we feel better, knowing that we are doing our best to have a minimal impact on the environment. But we also want to help other people to see their environmental impact and to understand how to reduce it.
Our projet to save the world...
Whether we are changing the world, or just a few people, Climate Coping was born out of our desire to help everyone adjust and live with climate change. It's not just about surviving global change, it's about learning to live with it. To do this, Climate Coping has several objectives:
- To help Climate Copers feel less overwhelmed and powerless in the face of global climate change by showing how we can ALL act;
- To give tools to easily rethink our lifestyles and be more sustainable and resilient;
- To help the planet heal by protecting untouched forests from deforestation and replanting those that have unfortunately disappeared;
- To be there for Climate Copers, and help them to cope;
- And of course, to share the stories of everyone who is making an effort for the planet, whether on their own scale, or more broadly through a green project!
To become a Climate Coper yourself, you can:
- Create an account to be always informed and part of the community